The fortified cereal market is poised to experience significant growth, primarily driven by the increasing health consciousness among people, particularly in developed countries. As individuals become more aware of the importance of nutrition, fortified breakfast cereals have gained momentum as a popular choice. This trend is further reinforced by the strong initiatives taken by organizations such as the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to combat malnutrition.
The FAO states that cereals and cereal-based products are among the most commonly fortified foods. Fortified cereal offers a wide range of benefits due to its enriched nutritional content. These cereals are fortified with essential vitamins and minerals, such as iron, folic acid, vitamin D, and B vitamins, which are vital for maintaining overall health and preventing nutritional deficiencies.
The consumption of fortified cereal is particularly prominent in breakfast products. Many individuals rely on these cereals as a convenient and quick option to start their day. Fortified cereal provides a balanced and nutrient-rich breakfast choice, contributing to the daily intake of essential nutrients.
Foods that have been fortified typically include minerals and vitamins that are not naturally found in them. A variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, folic acid, iron, calcium, vitamin A, riboflavin (vitamin B2), thiamine (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, vitamin D, and zinc, are typically added to breakfast cereals.
Global Fortified Cereal Market Size
- According to the analysis conducted by Data Bridge Market Research, the fortified breakfast cereals market is projected to reach USD 33.50 billion by 2030. In 2022, the market was valued at USD 14.33 billion. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 11.20% during the forecast period from 2023 to 2030.
- The market reports curated by Data Bridge Market Research provide comprehensive insights into the fortified breakfast cereals market. They offer valuable information on market scenarios, including market value, growth rate, segmentation, geographical coverage, and major players operating in the industry. These reports enable businesses to make informed decisions and strategize effectively based on market trends and dynamics.
- In addition to market insights, the reports include in-depth expert analysis, providing a deeper understanding of the market landscape, trends, and challenges. They also present geographically represented production and capacity data of companies, offering insights into the manufacturing capabilities and distribution networks of industry players.
- The reports further provide detailed and updated price trend analysis, allowing businesses to understand the pricing dynamics within the fortified breakfast cereals market. This analysis helps companies gauge competitive pricing strategies, identify price fluctuations, and make pricing decisions that align with market trends.
Trends in Fortified Cereal Market
The fortified cereal market is witnessing several notable trends that are shaping its growth and trajectory. Some of the key trends in the fortified cereal market include:
- Increasing Consumer Focus on Health and Wellness: There is a growing emphasis on health and wellness among consumers, leading to a higher demand for fortified cereals. Consumers are actively seeking out products that offer added nutritional benefits, such as fortified cereals enriched with vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers. The trend towards healthier eating habits and a preference for convenient yet nutritious breakfast options are driving the demand for fortified cereals.
- Rising Preference for Plant-Based and Organic Fortified Cereals: With the increasing popularity of plant-based diets and the demand for organic food products, there is a rising trend towards plant-based and organic fortified cereals. Consumers are looking for cereal options that are free from artificial additives, preservatives, and genetically modified ingredients. This trend is driven by concerns for sustainability, environmental impact, and personal health.
- Innovations in Flavor and Texture Profiles: Manufacturers are continuously innovating to provide consumers with a wide variety of flavors, textures, and formulations in fortified cereals. The market is witnessing the introduction of unique and exotic flavors, as well as combinations of grains, fruits, and nuts to enhance taste and appeal. This trend aims to cater to the evolving preferences and taste preferences of consumers, making fortified cereals more enjoyable and appealing.
- Expansion of Distribution Channels: The distribution channels for fortified cereals have expanded significantly in recent years. Apart from traditional grocery stores, fortified cereals are increasingly available through online retail platforms, specialized health food stores, and convenience stores. The rise of e-commerce and the convenience it offers have contributed to the accessibility and availability of fortified cereals to a wider consumer base.
- Growing Demand for Breakfast On-the-Go: The busy and hectic lifestyles of consumers have fueled the demand for convenient and on-the-go breakfast options. Fortified cereals, particularly in the form of single-serve packs or snack bars, cater to this demand by providing a quick and nutritious breakfast option. This trend is particularly prominent among urban populations and individuals with time constraints who seek convenient yet healthy food choices.
To gain more knowledge about trends in fortified cereal market visit
Regional Preferences in Fortified Cereal Market
Regional preferences in the fortified cereal market can vary based on cultural, dietary, and economic factors. While there may be some general trends, it’s important to note that preferences can differ across regions. Here are some key regional preferences observed in the fortified cereal market:
- North America: In North America, there is a strong demand for fortified cereals with added protein and fiber content. Consumers in this region often prioritize nutritional value and are attracted to products that offer health benefits. Gluten-free and organic fortified cereals also have a significant presence in the market, as there is a growing preference for these options among health-conscious consumers.
- Europe: European consumers tend to favor a wide range of fortified cereal options, including muesli, granola, and other cereal-based products. There is a preference for natural and organic ingredients, and products that are low in sugar and sodium. European consumers also appreciate a variety of flavors and textures, including options with fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Asia-Pacific: In the Asia-Pacific region, rice-based fortified cereals are popular due to the prevalence of rice as a staple food. Traditional Asian grains such as quinoa, millet, and amaranth are also being incorporated into fortified cereals to cater to local preferences. There is a growing demand for fortified cereals targeting specific health concerns, such as those enriched with vitamins and minerals for bone health or cognitive function.
- Latin America: In Latin America, there is a preference for fortified cereals that incorporate local ingredients and flavors. Traditional grains like corn and oats are commonly used, and cereal options with added fruit flavors are popular. Latin American consumers also show interest in fortified cereals that address specific health concerns, such as those fortified with iron to combat anemia.
Why choose us
In order to assist businesses of all sizes in making wise decisions, Data Bridge Market Research provides precise data and cutting-edge corporate analysis. We provide custom solutions for our clients to help them overcome various problems that are exclusive to their company. Our goal is to arm them with comprehensive market intelligence and give them a detailed perspective of the industry they are serving.